Back to Projects
Expedition worked as part of the Sustainability and Environment Team for the Olympic Delivery Authority to advise on water matters. Our involvement included the definition and implementation of a water strategy to enable the project to meet its sustainable development targets, with regards to water supply, foul and surface water drainage.
Our involvement included:
• Clarification of the sustainable development targets with a particular focus on the post-game Legacy;
• Definition of a method to assess performance and establish compliance against water targets by the design teams for each venues, and agreement of this method with key stakeholders;
• Definition of a water supply strategy to meet the targets, with consideration of water efficiency, rainwater harvesting, borehole abstraction and water recycling;
• Definition of a parkwide surface water drainage strategy with particular considerations of the implementation of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems and management of flood risk.
• Implementation of those strategies and coordination with the different design teams.
Client: Olympic Delivery Authority
Status: Completed 2012